Happy National Peach Month! In its honor, I’m making a Peach Crisp. If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen my Harry and David peaches that I posted. Well I asked you guys what you wanted me to make and you guys said peach crisp, including Harry and David. So I happily obliged.
The peach crisp is a bit different then the blueberry crisp I made last month and that it doesn’t require flour in the fruit mixture. I also decided to make a bit more of the crisp topping. I made the blueberry crisp for my aunt and relatives last month and my younger cousin was a little sad when she got a middle scoop and it had tons of blueberries but hardly any crisp. So, I did not want that to happen with this peach crips so I made sure to add a bit more of the topping to the recipe. I must say it turned out amazing just check out the photos.
Please check out this week’s Gluten Free Avenger Episode 24: Peach Crisp, you can click below to start viewing or use this link (http://youtu.be/vuIJJVWvrmQ). Please scroll below to see the full recipe.
- 5 cups fresh peaches sliced and peeled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup and 2 tbsp GF flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ c and 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ and 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
- Lightly spray a 2 quart square baking dish and preheat oven to 375°.
- For the Filing: In a bowl stir together peaches and sugar. Add to baking dish.
- For the topping: in a medium bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. With a pastry blender, cut in butter so that it resembles coarse crumbs, then stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. If desired serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Please take a second and give me your comments down below and let me know what you think.