So if you’ve seen my Instagram, you know that I love to go wine tasting. In addition to going to the Santa Ynez Valley I also like to go to Paso Robles which is 3 to 4 hours away from Los Angeles. When we go to Paso Robles we usually spend 2-3 days, after that my husband and I are over wine tasting. That’s why I also give suggestions on other things to in the area besides wine tasting. So, here is my list of things to do when you’re in Paso Robles for 48 to 72 hours:
Where to Stay in Paso Robles
- La Bellasera Hotel Every time we’ve been to Paso Robles we stay at La Bellasera, it’s centrally located and has nice amenities. They call it a “luxury hotel”, but I feel that it’s a solid 3.5 star hotel. If you don’t want to venture out for dinner after a long day of wine tasting, the Enoteca Restaurant on site has a great menu.
Where to Eat Breakfast
- Vics Café is our only go to spot for breakfast. We stumbled upon this restaurant on our first morning in Paso, 3 years ago. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that they have gluten-free toast (I’m gluten free) as an option for breakfast.
A friend recently asked me for some Cabo San Lucas recommendations and once I got everything together I realized this would make a really good blog. My husband and I have been going to Cabo San Lucas since 2008. We go at least once a year and now that we live in LA, the flight is less than 3 hours! Yay!
So, why do we love Cabo so much?
1. Sun and beaches- we both love warm weather and my husband always says that he can completely relax and decompress when his toes hit the sand.
2. We both speak Spanish- Most of the people in the resorts and restaurants are fluent in English, so you really don’t have to ever break out the Spanish, but we like to. While we are both a tad rusty, we enjoy being able to speak the language. I remember one time I ordered a “fresa margarita” and the waiter came back with a regular margarita and I said, “Oh, I wanted a strawberry one” and he replied, “Oh! You were speaking Spanish to me…I thought you said fresh margarita.” We all had a good laugh.
3. It’s beautiful and there are so many things to do- There are so many things to do if you want to venture out of your hotel compound, which I would highly recommend doing.… Read Full Post