This week I’m making guacamole. I never used to be a fan of avocados or guacamole growing up but when I moved to New York I fell in love wit the table-side guacamole from Rosa Mexicano and have been a huge fan ever since.
Here’s a fun fact for you, did you know that guacamole was originally created to make brownish looking avocados palatable? Now we take it for granted that we can have fabulous avocados without any bruises or brown color at all, but what a smart way to create an awesome tasty snack from less than avocados.
Please check out this week’s Gluten Free Avenger Episode 28: Guacamole, you can click below to start viewing or use this link (https://youtu.be/HutbCVZ62ts). Please scroll below to see the full recipe.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp to ¼ cup of minced red or white onion
- 2 jalepeno chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- ½ ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Cut the avocados in half.