It’s National Grits for Breakfast Day, so I’m making Cheesy Bacon Grits. I love grits! Whether it’s yellow corn grits or white corn grits, sweet or savory they are amazing for pretty much any meal. Usually when I have them for breakfast I have them with a little bit of butter and brown sugar, but for this holiday I decided to kick it up a notch and add some cheese and bacon to make it undeniably awesome.
Please check out this week’s Gluten Free Avenger Episode 25: Cheesy Bacon Grits, you can click below to start viewing or use this link (http://youtu.be/vaVl5DSUWqI). Please scroll below to see the full recipe.
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup quick grits (not instant)
- to garnish: cheese, fried eggs, chopped crisp bacon
- Bring first four ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Slowly add the grits, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover pan, and cook for about 6 minutes, or until smooth, stirring several times.
- Serve with bacon and cheese.