It’s National Waffle Day, so how about some Gluten Free Almond Waffles? I must admit that I didn’t remember that it was National Waffle Day today until this morning. Once I realized, I knew that I had to make waffles. Thank goodness my grandmother gave me a Belgian waffle maker years ago. I do love it when my family remembers is how much I love to bake and cook. So I whipped up some delicious waffles but modifying my almond blueberry pancakes recipe to make these waffles. The recipe is below and because I didn’t have a lot time, there is no accompanying video but I did take plenty of photos.
So if you find this a little too late to make breakfast today, you can always have waffles for lunch or dinner. Please let me know if you end up making these. I hope you have a wonderful National Waffle Day!
Claire- The Gluten Free Avenger
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅔ cup milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ⅔ cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- cooking spray for waffle iron
- Butter and Maple syrup for waffles
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, almond extract, almond milk, melted butter (cooled) and sugar until combined.