Happy National Peach Month! In its honor, I’m making a Peach Crisp. If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen my Harry and David peaches that I posted. Well I asked you guys what you wanted me to make and you guys said peach crisp, including Harry and David. So I happily obliged.
Please check out this week’s Gluten Free Avenger Episode 24: Peach Crisp, you can click below to start viewing or use this link (http://youtu.be/vuIJJVWvrmQ). Please scroll below to see the full recipe.
- 5 cups fresh peaches, sliced and peeled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup and 2 tbsp GF flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ c and 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ and 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
- Lightly spray a 2 quart square baking dish and preheat oven to 375°.
- For the Filing: In a bowl stir together peaches and sugar. Add to baking dish.
- For the topping: in a medium bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. With a pastry blender, cut in butter so that it resembles coarse crumbs, then stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden. If desired serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Please take a second and give me your comments down below and let me know what you think.