I love breakfast, as you may have guessed by now. I love to make breakfast tacos when I’m having people over and I want something that super delicious but is really fast and easy to make. You can prep a lot of this before hand and just throw it together really quickly so it’s hot for presentation. That way you can hang out with your guests and not be sitting over a stove for hours.
You can serve these with fresh juice or a Mamosa’s. I always find them to be an amazing crowd pleaser. I got my inspiration from a restaurant in Austin that are used to go to all the time in college called Kirby Lane and their “Kirby Scramble”. It was kind of a kitchen sink of scrambled eggs. You can put whatever you love to have in your scrambled eggs. I like to add onions, peppers and bacon but home fries would be an amazing addition. And as with all of my Mexican food, I always have corn tortillas. Good thing I always liked corn tortillas more than flour tortillas. I hope you love them as much as I do! Please take a second and give me your comments down below and let me know what you think.
Please check out this week’s Gluten Free Avenger Episode 16, Breakfast Tacos. You can click below to start viewing or use this link (https://youtu.be/sdUfbPNUCu8). Please scroll below to see the full recipe.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ c milk
- 1 c of peppers (I used ½ c red and ½ c green pepper)
- ½ c onion
- ½ c bacon (cooked and chopped)
- Additional Toppings
- Cheese- pepper jack cheese, jack and cheddar mixtures are my favorite
- Salsa- If you don't make your own, I often use Pace Picante Sauce
- Whisk together eggs and milk until combined.
- Add all of oil to pan and heat to temperature.
- Then add peppers and onions until soft on medium-high.
- Then add egg mixture and bacon until cooked thoroughly on medium to medium-low.
- Assemble the tacos with all your favorite fixin's.