Everyone that knows me knows that I LOVE breakfast. I always have. I like to start my day off right by eating something healthy and yummy. These are my favorite gluten free pancakes. I think it’s because they have my two weaknesses….almonds and blueberries. They’re light, fluffy, and oh so full of flavor! I hope you like them too!
Gluten Free Avenger Episode 2: Gluten Free Almond Blueberry Pancakes is now live on YouTube, you can use this link (http://youtu.be/ktMWAxOrbYc) or view it below:
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2/3 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces small fresh blueberries
- Butter or cooking spray for pan/ griddle, more for pancakes
- Maple syrup for pancakes
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, almond extract, almond milk, and sugar until combined.
- Fold in the flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Set a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. If not using non-stick pan, add a small pat of butter or cooking spray to lightly coat pan. Add batter to the pan using ladle or ¼ cup. You can make 2-3 at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- Add a small handful of blueberries (about 5-6 per pancake) to the top of the pancakes.
- Cook on the first side until golden brown on the bottom and beginning to form bubbles on the top, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the second side until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Don’t keep them on the second side too long or the blueberries will explode. Repeat to make the remaining pancakes.
- Serve pancakes immediately with butter, maple syrup and a few fresh blueberries.